Taste the flavors of Summer with this fresh recipe inspired by Jamie Purviance’s cookbook “Real Grilling”. Our Grilled Ora King Salmon with Asparagus and Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette is the perfect dish to grill for your friends and family on the patio!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Grill Time: 15 minutes
Grilled Ora King Salmon
- 4 Ora King Salmon fillets
- 1 lb of Asparagus
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette
- 3 bell peppers, preferably 2 red, 1 yellow
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F). Brush the cooking grates clean.
- Mix together half of the basil, garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to make an herb marinade.
- Cut the peppers into large pieces and remove the stem and seeds.
- Toss the peppers with half the herb marinade. Grill the peppers over direct high heat until roasted and blistered, 5 to 6 minutes, flipping over after 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, cut the roasted peppers into thick strips and toss them with the honey, remaining basil, white balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil.
- Marinate the salmon with the second half of the herb marinade. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon over direct high heat for 4-6 minutes, flipping over after 4 minutes.
- As you flip the salmon over, add the cleaned asparagus to the grill and cook over direct high heat for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the grill and serve salmon with roasted pepper relish and asparagus. This dish goes great with an herbed couscous!